Sunday, January 25, 2009

Staffing and Job Fit

Last week I was invited to be part of a panel on talent management at a meeting gathering over 300 senior executives from my (undisclosed) department. By my sides were Jocelyne Cormier (Visiting Director General, Canada Public Service Agency) and Julie Cirillo (Vice-President, Talent Management and Organizational Development, Rio Tinto Alcan), which made me the "insider", and the only non-EX on the panel.

Of all my remarks, the one that received the most attention was the one about my organization systematically staffing all its vacancies internally in less than three weeks for nearly the past two years. I guess the word hasn't gone around yet. :-(

Since I am on the topic of staffing, here's a list of interesting blog postings I have come across on staffing:

Also, two more links related to my last post:

No comments: